One Faithful Promise: The Wesleyan Covenant for Renewal
One of the most important documents that John Wesley, founder of Methodism, left us with was The Wesley Covenant Prayer and Renewal Service from 1755. Originally, this service was preceded by several mornings of teaching from John Wesley about "the means of increasing serious religion."
Over the years since 1755, many Methodists have used this service at the beginning of a new year as a way of renewing their covenant with God. We invite you to do the same.
This self-guided study is meant to be completed over a six-week period beginning on January 10, 2021. Participants may purchase a copy of the book by Magrey deVega from the church or may purchase the e-book edition from Cokesbury.
Click on the following link to be taken to the Cokesbury website:
One Faithful Promise - Cokesbury.com
Each week of the study, participants will receive via email a video featuring Madison Street's Senior Pastor, Rev. Harriet Bryan, interviewing Magrey deVega on the topics covered in the book:
1. Preparation: A Case for Covenant Renewal (January 10, 2021)
2. Step One: Confide in God (January 17, 2021)
3. Step Two: Compose Your Spirit (January 24, 2021)
4. Step Three: Claim the Covenant (January 31, 2021)
5. Step Four: Choose Faithfulness (February 7, 2021)
6. Step Five: Connect to God in Prayer (February 14, 2021)